Thursday, April 21, 2011

They're letting me out! And Original Sin Teaser #14

There are some fun things brewing on the horizon. I’ll be out and about this summer signing with some totally amazing authors leading up to the release of Original Sin, so I hope to get a chance to meet some of you out in the world. I'm seriously looking forward to hanging out with Aimee, Leah, Sophie, Courntey, Kiki and all of YOU! I’ve just updated my “appearances” page (see tab above), but here’s what’s on tap so far!
May 9: Orlando, FL, International Reading Association, Annual Conference, Booth signing and panel. 3-5:45pm

May 24: New York, NY, BEA, Javits Center, Autographing area, Table 12, (Signing Original Sin), 2:30-3:30pm. With Kiki Hamilton The Faerie Ring (Tor Teen/Sept 2011).

May 25: New York, NY, BEA, Javits Center, RWA Booth #3774 (Signing Personal Demons), 1-1:30pm.

June 1: Westlake, OH, Barnes and Noble, 198 Crocker Park Blvd, 6:30-9pm. With Leah Clifford A Touch Mortal and Courtney Allison Moulton Angelfire.

June 2: Lansing, MI, Schuler Books and Music, 2820 Towne Center Blvd, 6-9pm. With Aimee Carter The Goddess Test, Leah Clifford A Touch Mortal and Courtney Allison Moulton Angelfire.

June 20: Dallas, TX, Time and location TBD, With Leah Clifford A Touch Mortal and Courtney Allison Moulton Angelfire.

June 21: The Woodlands, TX, Barnes and Noble, 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr, 5-7pm with Leah Clifford A Touch Mortal, Sophie Jordan Firelight, Vanish and Courtney Allison Moulton Angelfire.

June 25: New Orleans, LA, ALA Annual Conference, Tor Booth #1122, (Signing Original Sin), 11-12pm

June 26: New Orleans, LA, ALA Annual Conference, Science Fiction and Fantasy panel. Time TBD.

July 5: New York, NY, ORIGINAL SIN RELEASE! Books of Wonder, 18 West 18th Street, 6-8pm. With Leah Clifford A Touch Mortal and Courtney Allison Moulton Angelfire.

July 6: Burlington, MA, Barnes and Noble, 98 Middlesex Turnpike, 7-9pm. With Leah Clifford A Touch Mortal and Courtney Allison Moulton Angelfire.

July 15: San Diego, CA, Location TBD, 7-9pm

September 24: Somoma Book Festival, Details forthcoming

October 2: Costa Mesa, CA, Orange County Children's Book Festival, Details forthcoming

I’m also working on something with my Tor sisters, Kiki Hamilton and Kendare Blake Anna Dressed in Blood (Tor Teen/August 2011) for the Seattle area in October, so check back for that! =)

And now for today’s Original Sin teaser!

Even though Gabe doesn’t have a POV in the first two books, he plays a pretty major role in keeping Frannie safe, and he isn’t exempt from her special talent, which makes things especially tricky for him. In Personal Demons, we get to see Luc's and Frannie’s struggles first hand, but I’ve always said Gabe is actually the most conflicted character in the story. What he wants and what he needs are diametrically opposed and if he takes what he wants he stands to lose everything. This teaser is from Frannie’s POV.

#OriginalSin p24 Frannie: Gabe lifts a hand and brushes his fingertips along the line of my jaw. I breathe in his cool winter sunshine and feel calmer just standing here next to him. When he answers, his voice is soft and low—meant only for me. “It’s really not wise for me to spend too much time around you, Frannie.”

2 comments:

  1. Woo! I'm so excited to meet you at BEA! :)
    I'm definitely going to have to check out the Orange County Children's Book Festival, too...I hadn't heard about it, but it's nearby! *goes off to Google*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be at ALA in New Orleans!! I'm looking forward to meeting you. This is my first book convention, so I'm a little new to all of it, but underneath the signing info, you said "signing Original Sin", since that's on June 25th and the book does not come out until July 5th, is the signing only for people who already have arcs? Or are their copies available for purchase? Just wondering, either way, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete