Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fave Five Fictional Boys

Today’s fave five list is my favorite fictional boys/men that I read or re-read in 2010. There are some new friend, and a few old ones on this list. Again, these are in no particular order.

Henry from The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
I love the whole concept of Henry. He’s sweet, but jaded. He gets pretty beat up but takes it all in stride.






Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
Just got around to reading this one a few months ago. Wes is the perfect boyfriend.






Wesley from The Duff by Kody Keplinger
Who doesn’t love a good man-whore.








Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I re-read this every four or five years. Heathcliff is just so deliciously warped.






Camden Saybrook from Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas
I’d never read a woman’s romance before and I thought it would be good research to see how a book that’s totally driven by characters and emotion works, so I picked this one up a few years ago and read it. OMG! Camden Saybrook is just…there aren’t words. I just reread it this summer as a treat. If you like historical romance, I highly recommend this one.

Which fictional boys to you love to love?

18 comments:

  1. Oh I do love Wes! But I also love all of Sarah Dessen's boy characters for some reason... My ULTIMATE literary crush would have to be Marcus Flutie from the Jessica Darling series. That dreadlocked "dreg" will always have my paper heart, swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who doesn’t love a good man-whore" = Best sentence I have read all day. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Henry, too. I really feel like Eric Bana (who I am normally meh about) nailed the "sweet but jaded"ness of the character.

    I'll have to read the Dessen book. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wes and Wesley - I just finished The Duff and have to agree. He's beyond perfection.

    My ultimate crush? Dimitri from Vampire Academy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are too many! There is, of course, Jace from the Mortal Instruments (who doesn't love Jace?!) and I have a huge crush on your Luc and omg Seth from Wicked Lovely - he is delicious. I need to stop before I get carried away! and trust me, I would get carried away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great suggestions. I have to hang my head in shame that I haven't read either the Vampire Academy or Mortal Instruments series yet. They're on my long TBR list. If I could have added more, the next 2 would have been Niall and Irial from the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. My very favoritest bad boys. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, what a good list! On the topic of Wicked Lovely boys, I'm all about Niall and Devlin. Devlin reminds me of my husband if he were an assassin faerie lol. You should move the Mortal Instruments series to the top of your TBR list...they are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh love Niall :DDDD I am also happy that Heathcliff is on here :) People think I'm crazy for liking him lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!!! I"m so happy Wesley made the cut!!!

    LUc is on my list. And Adrian from Vampire Academy. I also love Caleb from Leaving Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex from Perfect Chemistry
    Astly from the Need Series
    Jude from the Immortals Series
    Cab from the Fallen Series
    Tod from the Soul Screamers Series

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most recent, my fav guy is Alex Fuentes from Perfect chemistry. Def. He was extremely realistic and well developed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Rd

    and Luc! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wesleyyyyyyy!!!! Go DUFF go!!

    What a fun meme :-) I should do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an awesome idea, I found this on Blkosiner's Book Blog, which had a link to this :)

    My Top Five:
    http://sheknownasjess.blogspot.com/2010/12/2010-top-5-favorite-fictional-boys.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wes is an awesome character! I need to read The DUFF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dimitri from Vampire Academy! I love him and in my mind he's just like Ben Barnes! *sighs* :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Omgosh I'm completely in love with Wes. Sarah Dessen knows how to write a hero. Swoon.

    ReplyDelete