Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Smart Chicks Tour!

I was lucky enough to be able to go to see the Smart Chicks the other night at the Kepler's event in Menlo Park. The event did not disappoint. All the authors were fabulous. I'd met Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl before and found them hilarious. The others were all very funny and very nice!

If you've followed my blog, you've heard me swoon all over Melissa Marr. I’m a total fangirl. She’s been the single biggest influence on my writing, so one of the most exciting moments of my entire publishing experience to date was finding out that she'd read Personal Demons--and liked it! I almost fell out of my chair when she recommended Personal Demons to her readers and I was beyond thrilled to finally have a chance to meet her. She's currently giving away 6 signed ARCs of Personal Demons on her fan site, Rath and Ruins.

Pictures and a Melissa Marr contest are forthcoming, so watch the blog for details in the next few days. In the meantime, here are some highlights from the event courtesy of the Smart Chicks blog!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I love Melissa Marr. I mean the person. Every tidbit I read about her sounds like she's really cool people. That's the author I would most like to meet. Some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series. They are so amazing, I love the whole world she creates. Her recommendation encouraged me to check out you and Personal Demons: I am so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete