Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beam me up Scotty!

I’m on an airplane to Singapore. Right now. And I will be for the next…I don’t know…rest of my life. I take off from California at 10 am today (Wednesday) and land in Singapore at midnight Friday morning. That just seems wrong.

So, I’ve been thinking about Scotty. You know, the Star Trek guy. It’s 2010. Weren’t we supposed to at least have hovercraft by now? And that whole particle mover, like the Star Trek transporters…those are supposed to be just around the corner, right? Cuz, I’m telling you, when you travel for a living, the whole traveling-for-a-living thing gets pretty old.

The up side: I get to go here:

And, hopefully, see stuff like this:

And, I hope I have internet so I can check in with all you guys while I’m gone and tell you all about it.

See you when I get there (I hope). =)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like an amazing trip! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lie on your About Me widget thing! You do go to exotic places ^_^. Have fun, be safe, and may you have internet and good food :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Waiting in San Francisco for my connection to Tokyo. 18 more hours on an airplane, and that doesn't count connections. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Singapore, Lisa, lucky enough to have been quite a few times.

    The thing is, if you're in Singapore, you really should detour to Melbourne on the way home, much faster flight back to San Fran from here :)

    And we can catch up!

    There, have I convinced you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your trip, Lisa! There's so much awesomeness in Singapore. Try Sentosa Island, many stuffs are happening there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you're staying here! Thought it was a biz trip! Now I'ma have to make sure that Personal Demons is in stores by Sept 14.

    ReplyDelete